If you’re not confident with editing website code, you may want to just send the pixel to your webmaster.
Create an Account
Register for an account to get started.
Generate an Authorisation Code
- In Get Plugin
- Select your Facebook Ad account
- Type your Domain you want to send people to
- Optional: Type your blog URL that all posts “live” under. Be careful, the default can be domain.com/postname . It’s better SEO and ease of pixel insertion practise if you can have your blogs live under domain.com/keyword/year/month/postname.
- Click Get Code
- Copy your authorisation code
- Activate your container code.
- Click in the code box below the button. If a text file doesn’t automatically download, copy it from the box.
- Send this code to your webmaster
Insert the Container Code Into Your Website
There are a million different site building platforms but they all have a Header section.
You need to insert your container code in to the <head> section.
Some sites call this Custom Header, Tracking Codes, Custom Html.
If you are using a 3rd party landing page service, like Leadpages, edit every page, and look for Lead Page Options. Paste the code in the Header.
Some 3rd party landing page services have a Global setting. Paste the container code in there and it should work on all your landing pages.
Your Chrome Extension will activate if your container code is properly installed.