Let Facebook learn your business
Where are your client lists now?
If you have Ontraport. Follow the cheat sheet “Connect Ontraport to Facebook” now. Skip the following steps, and start at Create A Lookalike Audience.
If you don’t have Ontraport, go to your CRM where your emails of prospects and clients etc are and export your lists to a file on your computer. Make a csv or excel spreadsheet for each type of list you have. Eg Clients, prospects, people who attended my webinars etc. Make sure the file only has email addresses. (You may need to delete columns in Excel)
Upload Your List Into Facebook
Go to your Ads Manager via https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/
1) Go to Tools
2) Select Audiences
3) Click Create Audience –
a) Choose Custom Audience b) Choose Customer List c) Choose either Upload or Paste d) Choose Data Type: Emails e) Select your file or paste your data f) Create Audience
4) Name the audience something relevant that you’ll remember in 6 months.
Find Your Audience in the List
1) Make sure you know what you mean when you name an audience
2) If you need to find audiences, Facebook makes them a Customer List Type.
3) After processing the emails, Facebook will tell you how many were matched.
Create a Lookalike Audience (LA)
This is the process that Facebook does to analyse all your people, and find others who look just like them.
1) Tick the audience you want to use as a “seed”
2) Select Actions
3) Choose Create Lookalike
Create the Lookalike Audience
1) If not already, set the country you want the seed to generate prospects in
2) Set how closely you want to match the prospect to the seed. I recommend 1% or all the way to the left.
3) Create Audience
Find your Lookalike Audience in the List
1) Facebook will name it for you but you can change it if you want (I don’t)
2) It will make it a Lookalike Type audience for searching later
3) It will take half an hour or more to analyse your list and go find people and turn green once done. You can start advertising to the list while waiting. If you update your seed the LA will also update which is great if you are connected.
Create a Page Fans LA
1) In audiences, click Create Audience – Lookalike Audience
2) Type your page in the Source
3) Choose the Country you want prospects just like your seed
4) Set the accuracy
5) Create the audience