This is the point of collecting fans, to turn them into leads. Or you could just be sourcing new traffic to turn into leads. Either way, we need to know who’s into our message.
Useful Links and Info
You’re going to need to need the Power Editor to create your ads.
Click the Download to Power Editor button to sync your browser with Facebook. (the last week’s worth)
Target your Fans to become Leads
The objective of this Campaign is to create Website Conversions. We’re converting prospects (fans) into leads (get their email addresses).
Create an Ad
Click the Ads Tab.
- In Manage Ads
- Click the Ads Tiers
- Click the + to create a new Ad.
- Click Create New (because we’ve got a new Objective this can’t go in the Page Likes campaign)
- Choose a name Website Conversions
- Create a New Adset. The audience is going to be our fans, so name your adset Page Fans.
- Name your ad.
- Click Create
- Choose the Page that will deliver your Ad
- Choose Create Ad
- Decide if it’s one post or up to 5 per ad
- Enter the destination of your Landing Page
Create the Post
- Create a new post.
- Paste the URL of your landing page (you may have just created it from the Landing Page article.)
- This is the text of the post which is going to be your Ad. You need to provide enough detail to engage your target market to click through. Don’t be afraid to put your Website URL in here too.
- The link description will follow your post around. If someone shares it for example, your Text will be replaced by the sharers post. The link description need to summary succinctly what people will find when the click your post.
- The Headline is the attention grabber. Just like a newspaper. It will direct people to find out more in your post text.
- The display link is where I like to tell people what to do. Sign Up Here For a Free X. Click Download.
- Select your image. If you want to you could make some more free stock photos in the ads manager and select them here.
- The Call to Action button helps people to know what you want them to do when they go to your landing page. It’s not essential but recommended.
URL Tags tell Google Analytics what you want it to know about your conversions.
1) Type utm_source=facebook as a minimum but consider using the Google URL builder https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en#using_the_url_builder
Conversion Tracking Pixels are a fantastic little know function of Facebook. Much like the Website Custom Audiences that we created earlier, they sit on your landing pages and tell Facebook all sorts of information that it uses to make your campaigns convert better.
2) Choose Track all conversions from my Facebook pixel. Make sure you have used the Extension to place your Landing Page and Thank You page pixels.
Edit the Adset
1) Click the Adset tier
2) Select the Adset you want to Edit
3) Click Edit
4) Edit your audience to your target market. Make it Page Fans to start with
5) Turn off Audience Network and Desktop Right Column
Upload your changes.
Note. If you’re targeting a finite audience like page fans or 180 days, schedule it for short duration. If you’re targeting a open audience like Page Lookalikes or Interests, schedule as Ongoing.
Install Conversion Tracking Pixels On a Landing Page
We’re going to insert your Pixel tracking codes into the Instapage example we created earlier.
You should already have your Key Page View pixel code copied in your clipboard.
Go to your Instapage account and log in now.
Click on the Edit button
You should already have your Website Custom Audience Code.
Go to line 17 and paste your Key Page View pixel in there
Click Done. Done. Save.
The Thank You Page
This is an optional but really important page.
If you’re using Instapage, you’ll need to upgrade your account to have a 2nd landing page but the need is really high in my opinion.
Firstly, you can instruct your new subscriber to check their SPAM folder for your email which increases conversions.
Secondly, you can install an Optimized Tracking Pixel which gets triggered if someone subscribes, which tells Facebook the type of person likely to convert. This helps it increase conversions.
Thirdly, you can create a lookalike audience from pixels too, which means once you get over 100 subscribers, Facebook can create an audience of people who are likely to subscribe from you. Which means more highly targeted prospects to put back into the top of your marketing funnel.
In short, for the sake of one extra landing page, you can complete a full circle of prospects turning into leads to find more prospects to turn into leads.
Go to Instapage and upgrade (or make one where ever you can).
Create a Thank You Landing Page
In Instapage, choose the Click Through option. It’s the easiest to modify into a Thank You page.
Edit the template that feels right to you.
Modify the Words and Delete the buttons
Make the click through template wording relevant to Thank You for subscribing page. Don’t forget to remind them to check the SPAM folder.
Delete the Call to Action button.
You should now have a generic simple Thank You page.
Insert your audience and tracking pixels
While we’re here, we’ll do the Leads Pixel as well.
Return to your Thank You page. Paste the code under your Website Custom Audience code.
Click Done. Done. Save.
Redirect Subscribers to your Thank You Page
Go back to your Instapage Dashboard.
Edit your Lead Magnet landing page (the one where people subscribe).
- Click the call to action button
- Click Edit
Pick the destination of your Thank You page
- Choose the type of destination. It could be an outside URL like your website also.
- Pick your Thank You page
- Click. Done. Done. Save